So when I said, yesterday, that my favorite project from this party was the coffee filter backdrop, I might have lied. Just a little. Because, I really love this diy no sew table runner! Did I mention it was no sew? Seriously, can it get better? While I do like to pull out the sewing machine every once in a while, finding a fabulous no sew project always grabs my attention.
That being said, I will warn you – this project is time intensive! I didn’t realize what I was getting myself into until it was too late to figure something else out. But, the end result was worth it. Wouldn’t this table runner be fabulous at a mermaid party? Or a beach party? Okay, how about any party that you’re hosting? Who would say no to a gold sequin table runner?
But, for those who actually want to make a diy no sew table runner – here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 inch sequins
- clear contact paper
- Cut your contact paper into the size of table runner/display you want. Mine was about 12 inches wide and long enough to fit my table.
- Get out your sequins. I bought about 1200 sequins and used almost all of them. It’s a lot of shine, folks.
- Turn over your contact paper and fold back 1 inch of the paper backing.
- Stick the sequins in an alternating pattern over the sticky side of the contact paper.
- Continue until you have completed the table runner.
This table runner is gorgeous, but it’s not very durable. I would recommended storing it flat, if you can. I actually made mine with two sheets of contact paper, each a half of the length I needed. I then had them meet up in the middle of the table with the cake stands holding them down to stay in place. Making them shorter helps store them more easily – but it only works if you can have something heavy to hold them down in the center of the table!